NetSuite’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) is a dynamic cloud-based solution designed to streamline warehouse operations. It extends the power of warehousement management features already embedded into your standard NetSuite giving you the capability to perform paperless operations.
NetSuite WMS is an all-encompassing warehouse management solution that automates and refines inbound, outbound and internal warehouse operations through putaway and picking strategies and system rules that ensures smooth and systematic movements of inventory items inside the warehouse. It gives your warehouse personnel visibility of inventory records right on the floor and ensures accuracy of capturing inventory transactions in real-time mode with the use of the hand-held device.
Understanding the hardware compatibility with NetSuite WMS is not just a technical necessity; it’s a strategic foundation for streamlining warehouse processes and enhancing inventory control. Let’s delve into the intricacies of aligning your hardware with the sophisticated capabilities of NetSuite WMS. For insights on how these can lead to operational cost savings, see “How NetSuite WMS Can Cut Your Operational Costs.”
What are the hardware requirements for NetSuite WMS?
To fully leverage NetSuite WMS and its benefits, specific hardware requirements must be met.
Below is a detailed list of these requirements:
|RF Handheld Devices
|At least 256 MB flash memory; running on Android 7.0 or higher; with at least 1D bar code scanner; with 4 inch or larger touch screen; 812.11a/b/g enabled; Bluetooth enabled; with HTML 5 & JavaScrit enabled browser (TL 1.2 compliant); latest Google Chrome browser only, Interactive Sensor Technology (IST); ideally ruggedized or semi-ruggedized and safety features like hand strap.Note: Devices running on iOS are not supported; internet browsers other than Google Chrome not supported as well
|Capturing of inventory transactions on the floor and interfacing them to NetSuite
|Android 7.0 or higher; Google Chrome browser. Note: iOS devices are not supported.
|For mobile access to WMS functions.
|Support for Zebra Printing Language (ZPL); Network configuration required; active PrintNode account and valid PrintNode API key
|To produce shipping labels and documentation compatible with Oracle WMS Cloud
|Configured to allow access from WMS Cloud to printers; Use of print server recommended
|To ensure reliable connectivity and efficient printer management
|Modern browser support; Recommended resolution of 1440×900 or higher
|For backend management and reporting, with optimal layout and user experience
Compatibility of Different Hardware with NetSuite WMS
Hardware compatibility is key for optimising NetSuite WMS efficiency. RF devices that provide quick and secure data capture boost inventory management, while reliable printer performance guarantees precise labelling, thereby enhancing warehouse output. Remember, the right hardware can make all the difference.
RF Hand-Held Devices for NetSuite WMS:
- SSH Application: Devices should be equipped with an SSH application that supports secure, encrypted connections via the SSH protocol to any configurable port number, and at least 256 MB flash memory.
- Display Specifications: The device’s screen should be capable of displaying at least 24 characters by 16 lines of text, with a preference for 29 x 19 for better visibility. The screen should be a 4 inch or larger touch screen.
- Keyboard Configuration: A keyboard with separate alpha and numeric keys, including Control keys, is necessary for efficient data entry. The device should also be equipped with at least a 1D barcode scanner.
- Operating Systems: Devices should operate on Android 7.0 or higher or Windows Mobile (versions 5.x or 6.x). Please note, devices running on iOS are not supported.
- Emulation Compatibility: The device should support vt100 terminal emulation for compatibility with Oracle Warehouse Management Cloud and be capable of capturing inventory transactions on the floor and interfacing them with NetSuite.
- Additional Features: The device should ideally feature Interactive Sensor Technology (IST), be ruggedized or semi-ruggedized, and have safety features like a hand strap for secure handling.
Mobile Devices Compatible with NetSuite WMS:
For optimal performance with NetSuite WMS, mobile devices should meet the following criteria:
- Operating System: Devices must run on Android, with a strong recommendation for using Android 7.0 or higher for new device acquisitions. Existing devices with Android versions as early as 4.1 are still supported by the current version of NetSuite WMS. It is important to note that iOS devices are not supported by NetSuite WMS.
- Browser Requirement: The mobile device should have the latest version of the Google Chrome browser installed, as this is the only supported browser for accessing NetSuite WMS mobile capabilities.
- Durability: For warehouse environments where devices are subject to more wear and tear, rugged Android devices are recommended to ensure durability and longevity.
By ensuring your mobile devices meet these specific requirements, you can set up your warehouse management system with confidence.
- Compatibility: Select printers that support the Zebra Printing Language (ZPL) for full compatibility with Oracle Warehouse Management Cloud.
- Network Access: Printers must be network accessible, configured to communicate with the Oracle Warehouse Management Cloud application.
- Testing: It’s crucial to test and verify that the printers work with the specific label formats used in your warehouse.
- Print Server: For handling high volumes of print jobs, a dedicated print server is recommended to manage the printers efficiently and to prevent issues like lost or repeated labels.
- Recommended Models: Commonly used models by current clients include the Zebra ZM400, Zebra 105SL, and INTERMEC PD42. These are known for their reliability and compatibility.
How to Ensure Your Hardware is Compatible with NetSuite WMS
- Check Device Specifications: Match your device specs with the NetSuite WMS requirements.
- Test Connectivity: Ensure devices can connect to your network and communicate with NetSuite WMS.
- Run a Pilot Program: Test the hardware in a controlled environment to identify any issues.
Struggling to determine if your hardware is compatible with NetSuite WMS? Allow Jcurve to take the stress away.
We check for any required drivers or middleware, and verify that your network and hardware align with NetSuite WMS’s requirements. With us, you can avoid any potential compatibility issues and focus on what matters most in your business.
The synchronisation between hardware and NetSuite WMS, is a critical driver for operational excellence in warehouse management. By ensuring your hardware meets the necessary requirements, you can maximise the effectiveness of your WMS investment. Take the time to assess your hardware, and embrace the power of a fully compatible system to elevate your warehouse operations to new heights.